Monday, June 16, 2014

First Monday Made it Over the Summer!!



Happy Monday!!  I'm totally excited to get back into Monday Made It's!  This week it isn't one for my classroom, but it is something that I could do again and utilize in the classroom.  I was thinking about Open House night or field day!

Here it is...

How cute, right?  These were for my cousin's bridal shower!!  I'm going to walk you through this simple process!  I will say that I didn't teach myself, but my good friend Lora came over and showed me how to do these!  I've talked about Lora before because she is so dang creative, but doesn't have her own blog!  I ALWAYS tell her to get on it because she would have lots of bloggy friends!!

STEP 1: Cut your cardstock into strips

Step 2: Use this handy dandy hole punch at the top of the strips!


Step 3: The fold.  The first fold is just folding over your hole punched items



 Step 4: Flip it over and fold the other side.  Basically the two folds should meet with one being shorter and the other longer to be your pouch.


Step 5: Cut a piece of scrapbook paper.  This is just a little shorter than the side of the folded cardstock you will be using..  See next step for better explanation.



Step 6:  See how the paper just sits in the longer fold!



Step 7: Another cute hole punch, but this one is small and dainty.  Put two holes on each side of the long fold.

Step 8: Insert two of these cute MINI Brads into your two holes.


Step 9: Add your embellishment.  For school I'm thinking a "Welcome to Mrs. Lazenby's Class" would work!  






Here are some more pictures from the shower...





I made this, too! ;)  My cousin's new last name will be Odom. :)

I hope you enjoyed my link up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it! :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is GREAT! Thank you so much for all the step by step pictures! Super cute!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!