Monday, June 9, 2014

#SLANTbox

Happy summer folks!

I've been on summer break since May 28.  My days have been filled with Lifetime movies, lunches with girlfriends, and spending time with my dog! :)  Exciting, right?

I definitely enjoy summer, but I do end up getting bored very quickly.  I used to work during the summer and was even planning on it this year, but decided not to at the last minute.

Here is a little project I did because of boredom! ;)

The far left is of all the expired and WASTED food in the pantry.  I also cleaned the fridge, freezer, and spice cabinet.  The two other pictures are of my organized  pantry!  This also leads to another project that I am working on, which is to try and cook more!  I do not enjoy it, so I hope by the end of the summer I can be a little more tolerant of it! ;)  This is also will help contribute to my Weight Watchers, which I'm down 28lbs! :)  I still have a LOT more to go, but you have to start somewhere!

Anyways, the best part of my summer thus far arrived in the mail on Friday! :)  Have you heard of Slantbox before?  SLANT stands for- Sending Love Across the Nation to Teachers.  This lovely idea was created by Lessons with Coffee.  

Each month has a theme.  The theme for May was "May I Introduce..."  The box had to have some type of monogram and be all about your partner that was selected for you.

I sent a box to Angel over at Diary of an Alien.  If you want to see what I got her, I'm sure she will blog about it later! ;)

Katie from Rock and Teach  ended up with my name!  I must say that Katie did a GREAT job of "introducing" me!


Pink packing peanuts, SCORE! ;)


Everything was placed in the cute canvas "Hello" bag.  It included a pink L, which will be great on my desk!  A burlap monogramed keychain!  A CHEVRON stamp!  AND THESE CUTE PENCILS!!  Instead of erasers they have pink gems on the top!

Seriously, she did great!  Thanks, Katie!

I will definitely be participating in SLANTbox again!


2 comments:

  1. I did not know about that SLANT box exchange. So Fun!
    Caitlin
    TheRoomMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time! I hadn't heard of it until last month! In fact, the only reason I found out about it is because I was actively using InstaGram and they were popping up!

      Delete

I love Comments!