Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tadpoles

I love Mailbox Magazine, don't you? Here is a book that I made from templates from the magazine when doing one of my experiences in kindergarten.

I had the books already put together and students just had to complete simple tasks to finish it up. Overall, the lesson went well.

Here are two covers.

We used wiggly eyes to represent an egg. Students could glue the wiggly eye anywhere on the first page.

The second page required students to finish drawing their tadpoles tail.
The third page students drew the legs!


The last page students glued two wiggly eyes on their frog.



We ended our lesson by learning the Five Little Tadpole Song.

Five Little Tadpoles
Five little tadpoles swimming near the shore.
The first one said, “Let’s swim some more.”
The second one said, “Let’s rest awhile.”
The third one said, “Swimming makes me smile.”
The fourth one said, “My legs are growing long.”
The fifth one said, “I’m getting very strong.”
Five little tadpoles will soon be frogs.
They’ll jump from the water and sit on logs.

This song and others can be found at http://www.canteach.ca/elementary/songspoems59.html

Resource for book: The Mailbox: Kindergarten April/May 2003 issue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!