Sunday, October 23, 2011

What a Crazy RIDE!!

Okay, I have neglected this blog long enough. I need to update everyone on my current situation. A few weeks ago I was a happy 5th grade Science teacher. It was my second year at the school and I had the same kids, things were going VERY smoothly. We were informed that two of our teachers would have to be moved due to numbers. After some fighting and many phone calls, I was informed on Friday at 1:30 that I started at a new school on Monday morning. I was unable to tell the kids and I had to keep teaching until 3:00. It was difficult and I cried and the kids were VERY confused! However, I share the news with them that afternoon and they cried with me. It made me feel really good that they would miss me, but I was sad that I just to up and leave. I packed up my room that afternoon/evening and went to my new EARLY school on Monday. I am now a third grade teacher and I teach ALL the subjects.

Here I am a couple of weeks in and the school is wonderful, staff, parents, and students.. However, I feel as if I'm drowning in a sea of work. I can't catch up and things keep coming to me.. I will definitely be looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas Break!! Maybe then I can catch a break. I am still very thankful to have a job, but moving once school as already started is not ANYTHING I would recommend to anyone!

I need to update on my class and what is going on, but I'm not sure what is going on! Lol. When I figure it out, I will be back! I love blogging and finding new ideas for my kiddies, but there just isn't enough time in a day!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH NO!!!! I am SO sorry you had to move after school started--that is definitely not an easy task! You have made it this far, so keep hanging in there! (And, like you said, you still have a job--that's the most important thing!). Good luck to you :)

    Janaye
    frogsandcupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!