I just want to start by saying that Linky parties are great! I love being able to link up to other bloggers and share my ideas, but most importantly read their ideas! I stumbled upon this linky party by chance and I jumped at the chance to read those that had already participated.
Polka Dot Lesson Plans has created a place for departmentalized teachers to share their ideas, tips, and tricks! I hope that you take the time to check the others out!!
1. I have a TEAM of teachers that I can depend on! We have each others backs in everything that we do, including parent conferences! **We meet together with every parent. We've also sat in one room and put parents on speaker phone to have a phone conference!
2. If Jimmy has a problem in my room and not in Teacher 2's room, then we can discuss what is working there and not here. We can share ideas and help each other about the SAME group of students.
3. I have a team that I can send a student to if I need to cool down. :) They know without even asking me what the problem is and why that student is there. :)
4. I feel as a teacher that we can each focus on our subject and truly become "Highly Qualified Teachers!" I teach Science and Social Studies, so I have two to really look at. However, two is better than four! :)
1. Let the students know that you are team, which I read in another linked up blog! :)
2. Follow the same discipline plan. I blogged about our conduct book, you can click here to read about it. Students know that the conduct book travels from class to class, so all of the teachers will know what has happened. We have the same rules and same consequences from day one!
3. Set aside time to plan together. Every week you should sit down and talk about what is going on in your classrooms, plus other events. Be aware of days that your partner or partners are going to be absent!
4. Speaking of being absent, things happen and someone is going to have a day off that wasn't planned. Make sure that you know where to find plans for the day, or even emergency sub plans. It is suggested that you have at least three days worth of emergency plans.
5. Lastly, spend time away from school together. It is always nice to sit down and relax with friends. :) Make sure you are making time for that.