Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer, you're moving TOO fast!

I cannot believe that it is July!  I remember a few weeks ago I wrote a post about my "BIG" plans for summer and the things I wanted to get accomplished.  I will say that at the moment I'm a big failure.  However, summer isn't over so I can still get some things done!

I know that next year I'm going to start a homework notebook.  This will be in a composition notebook and students will write responses to different questions covered in class.  This will be sort of like a journal!  My first year students kept a Science journal, but I found it nearly impossible to read them for the 72 students.  I stressed the importance of these journals, but by the end of the year I was TIRED of reading and grading them! Lol  For the homework notebook, students will have a topic for each day to complete.  I will alternate the Friday's that I take each classes up and read through them.  There will not be a time constraint on me, just as long as I have the homework grades in before the end of the 9 weeks.

I also know that I'm going to do a classroom Twitter board.  I'm still working on this concept, but as soon as I have a plan I will blog about it! :)

I also created some new items on VistaPrint and I wanted to share them with you.  I'm excited to use them next year!


Instead of giving out so much candy, I wanted to create something that students would still want to have!  I totally love these homework passes!  (Use business cards to create your own.)

We are departmentalized at my school and sometimes if the student isn't in your homeroom getting contact information and other important information is a hassle.  I created these cards to pass out to students on the first day.  They will be returned to me and I will alphabetize them and separate them by classes.  I will have the contact information for all my students very handy! (Use post cards to create your own)

I saw on Pinterest the QR codes being used at Open House!  I thought it would be great to go ahead and create a poster that can be used year after year!  I'm going to keep it up by my door for all to see.  One QR is for my blog and the other is my email address.  (Use a small poster to create your own.)

The last thing I created were these magnets to pass out at Open House.  Parents will easily be able to see my contact information at all times! The blue bar has my school email address underneath! ;) (Use business card magnets to make your own)

What other things have you done with VistaPrint?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!