Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Calm Week

Wow, I am bad this week with the whole bloggin' thing. I have been reading every ones and their exciting lessons and ideas, but haven't felt inspired. This week we've had our state testing, tomorrow is our last day and then we're off on Friday. We've really not done a whole lot because when we are done with the test it is lunch time. After lunch the kids get recess (which they NEVER get because it isn't in our schedule) and then our day is pretty much wasted. We have watched many Magic School Bus videos this week, which the kids love!

Anyways, tomorrow will be the same thing. Then this weekend my MOM is coming to visit from Arkansas. I am very excited about that!!

Today I went to the Dollar Tree to pick up some items for our party. While I was there I found these two items and wanted to share!


Check out these two sticky notes. One says Did you... The other says Remember to... These will be perfect to pass the students a quick note during quiet times. What are your ideas?
When I saw this book, I really wasn't sure if it was worth a $1. However, there are 32 pages of information all about space. It includes planets, constellations, and telescopes! Great resource for $1. They also had one called Government.

Alright I am done for the night. I was trying to work on end of the year awards, but am lacking the motivation. Next week I promise I will be better! Good night!

OHHH SIDE NOTE: ALL THESE FIRST GRADE BLOGS MAKE ME WANT TO TEACH FIRST GRADE! I LOVE ALL OF YOUR LESSONS AND IDEAS! I WISH I WERE AS CREATIVE AS YOU ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Those are fun! I looooove the Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the notes, all I could think about is leaving them around our house for the teens!! Like....did you take out the trash, remember to drive to the Orthodontist at 3:30....
    I agree with your post, the more I read these creative teacher blogs, the more I want to return to 1st grade! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments!