Sunday, April 17, 2011

Websites for Educators

I recently finished a class for my Masters on Technology. Everyone that was in the class agreed that technology is not going away and that we as teachers must embrace all things computers. I have always been a computer junkie. In fact, I got my first computer when I was in the 7th grade. Since that time I have taught myself how to do certain things and am always finding new ways to use the computer. I've been fortunate enough to have a Promethean Board in my room this year! However, a month ago the light went out. I was without a board for three weeks and was miserable. I do not know how teachers taught before or even currently without one. (More power to you all!)

Anyways, the point of this blog was to share with you an awesome resource I found when I was in this class. It is called The Super Book of Web Tools for Educators. The people that came up with this book did a lot of research and found some great sites. Check the link out above for yourself, you will spend quite sometime going through all 83 pages!

On a side note, my computer BLEW up last night! I was on my desktop and it made a funny screeching noise and then POOOW, smoke shot out the back. The computer is only five years old, and I hope that it is only the power source. My friend is getting it tomorrow to see what he can do, or at least try and save some files for me! Let's cross our fingers!

**If the link above doesn't work for you, try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!