Monday, June 3, 2013

Where have I been??

Wow! I cannot believe that I have abandoned my blog for so long!  I feel like I got a divorce or something, but don't worry I'm coming back with full force!

The last time I blogged I told you about how I was transferred.  I went from teaching 5th Science to 3rd all subjects in a matter of a weekend.  Although my kids did AWESOME on the CRCT, I don't feel that I taught them to the BEST of my ability because I was overwhelmed with the whole situation.  In fact, on many occasions I felt that I was just staying afloat and never actually moving.

Well during the summer of 2012, I was moved to 5th grade.  I taught 5th grade Science ans Social Studies 2012-2013 and LOVED it!  I enjoyed the content and watching my students grow throughout the year.  I didn't completely abandon blogging, but I didn't do it for pleasure.  Instead, I did it as a means of communication.  You can visit http://lazenbyclass.blogspot.com/ to read about our school year and all the awesomeness we did! :)  Eventually, I'll bring some of the content over to this blog to share my ideas and strategies that worked!

I am happy to report that next school year, 2013-2014, I will be in the SAME CLASS and SAME GRADE LEVEL! I'm very excited about this because I can really focus on improving what I already have.

I also am excited because I think with the decrease of stress- it will increase my time for more BLOGGIN'!

My idea for this blog is to have a place for the UPPER elementary teachers to get together and share ideas!  There are MANY blogs out there focusing on the little kids, but I have a difficult time finding 5th grade blogs, especially Science and Social Studies.  I hope that you find this blog useful and will enjoy it as much as me!

Welcome back to me, right? :)

Oh, BTW... Check out this picture below! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments!